I have a question for you! Who has not filed their taxes in a few years?
If you are thinking “ME!”, keep reading, because here are some reasons to file:
• If you need a bank loan, the bank will want to see previous year’s tax returns.
• If you have a refund due, you only have so much time to claim it on your tax return.
• You face steep penalties for not filing, up to 25% of what is owed!!
• It causes unwanted stress in your life.
• The IRS is using more technology than ever to track down taxpayers who have not filed taxes.
What do I do? Well, call me and I can file the unfiled tax returns. Some of the things we will look at are how many years need to be filed, filing married or separately, do state returns need to be filed and what happens after we file the returns.
Upcoming Important Due Dates:
- Second quarter estimated tax payment due.
- Partnerships and S-Corps that were put on extension are now due.
- Third quarter estimated tax payment is due.
- Estates/trusts that filed an extension are due.
- Individual tax returns (Form 1040) are due for taxpayers who filed an extension.