This may be tedious and/or boring to read, but it important to us for transparency: yup, that word our government will never comprehend!!
- Tax returns are not E-Filed without full payment.
- Tax consultations and first-time visits, even if we can’t help you, still take our time and therefore must be billed at our hourly rate of $175.00. Payment is due at time of service.
- If your decide to return after your first time consult, we will credit your next invoice the cost of your initial visit.(the initial consult is now becomes free)
- Telephone and email consults you initiate, if extensive, may be included in our billing. If we call you for additional information, there is usually no charge unless a lot of time is spent trying to obtain previously requested information.
- Representation to taxing authorities is not included in your tax prep fee, unless you purchase the Audit Maintenance Plan. Rates are $200/hr without the Plan.
- Any representation work, if AMP doesn’t apply AND/OR non-filing issues will require a upfront deposit before any work is done. The first $1500.00 is nonrefundable in these cases.
- I stand behind my work and in the case of an error on my part, shall reimburse a client for the additional penalties and interest that directly relate to the omission of income on the tax return. Any tax liability due to an omission of income is not reimbursable as this amount is the client’s original responsibility. Any claim for reimbursement is expected to be made known to me as soon as the client learns of any problem so that I may take corrective action immediately.
- Generally – but especially with business returns – we expect materials you provide to us will be in “ready to use” form. If significant time is required to derive necessary figures from the source documents (for example, if we are required to sort, categorize and add up large numbers of receipts), charges above the tax return package prices will be added at our hourly rate.
All invoices are due and payable when you receive them. Checks, cash, AMEX, MC, VISA, Discover and PayPal are accepted. All final tax preparation fees are due in full when the final tax return is ready for E-Filing.
- If you drop off your organizer and supporting information between April 1st – 15th, you will be put on extension and charged an extra $75.00 extension fee.
- If you drop off your tax documents between April1-15, Sept 1-15th (corporations and partnerships) and October 1-15th you will be charged an extra $75 for individual returns and $200.00 for corporate returns. This is in addition to the extension fee above.
- This fee policy does not include any missing information we have informed you about to complete your return (you’ve dropped off all your info and we are missing a few minor things to complete the return)
- If you want an extension and ask us before the dates mentioned above, the extension fee will not apply
If you are interested or have questions on a tax option, please feel free to ask me.